1. Do some research. We have a LOT of clues on this year’s challenge, and not all of them are about restaurants. Take the time to think about specialty grocers, kitchen supply stores and other types of food & drink related places in Ottawa- especially any new locations that just opened up this year.
2. DON’T forget your camera! To participate in the Ottawa Foodie Challenge you’ll have to take pictures of yourself completing the clues- so make sure you bring one and possibly a back up battery. Also take into account that you’ll be uploading these pictures to Flickr after you’re done- so if you’re using an SLR- it might take more time to upload. We recommend using smart phones for the challenge
3. Create a Flickr Account or Use the Flickr App This is the service you'll be using to upload your pictures for scoring. Make sure you create an account before you start your day, trust us every minute counts the day of when you're uploading your pictures.
4. Make sure to dress comfortably. Most likely you’ll be hustlin’ all around town. If you’re in comfortable shoes and dress, it will be all that much easier.
5. Expect deliciousness. Some of our clues will be giving you bites, so have an open mind and try something new! You’re sure to build up an appetite during the day, so make sure you take a break from the challenge to hydrate and have lunch.
6. Get into it! Trust us- you’re going to have fun. Bring a that smile and energy to the day!