Originally Posted November 13, 2011
Ok foodies, it’s time.
Remember these rules:
You must only submit 41 photos. Your first photo in the album will be a picture of you and your partner same day as the challenge. The rest of the photos will be the 40 you completed for the list.
At least one of your partners must be present in each photo.
When you submit the link to your album you must tally your points. Please make the subject of your email when you submit your album “ Team Name, Points = (how many points you collected) and the price of the cheese you found)
Albums must be submitted by 6pm. We do not accept late entries.
Be courteous to the establishments you are entering.
Have a deliciously good time!
Here’s what you’re playing for:
- $25 Gift Certificate to Thyme & Again
- $50 Gift Certificate to Play food & wine
- $50 Gift Certificate to Burnt Butter
- $50 Gift Certificate to Stella Luna
- $20 Gift Certificate to Thimblecakes
- $40 Gift Certificate the Red Apron
- Free Pizza at ZaZaZa Pizza
- Three lovely wines courtesy of Perugini
- 2 tickets to the next Ottawa DishCrawl (value $90)
….and the title of 2011 Ottawa Foodie Challenge Champions!
On your mark, get set…..GO!
1.”Play” with your wine, find where Rick Mercer helps hold up the wall. Picture with you and this item! 10pts
2. Star light, star bright, maybe I should have some GELATO tonight? Snap a shot of you at this location! 10pts
3. Picture of you licking the sugar heart sheet at Thimblecakes 10pts
4. Search and you will find a red apron on Gladstone (hint: please place apron back where you discovered it – we’re watching!) 10pts
5. Get behind the curtain at ZaZaZa 5pts
6. You and a jar of hot fudge sauce at Thyme & Again 5pts
7. Find the art deco on the wall and play bar tender behind the bar at Burnt Butter 10pts
8. Lay a smooch on Kevin’s portrait at Art-is-in 5pts
9. Crawl down Preston with a plate on your head! (Make sure we can see the Little Italy street sign!) 10pts
10. You at any of Ottawa Magazine’s Top 10 restaurants of 2011 with the November issue of Ottawa Magazine 5pts (max 5 restaurants) + 5 points if you’re high-fiving the chef at the same time
11. Venture to the back lane of Back Lane Cafe and take a picture of you and what fuels their fire! 5pts
12. One chance (and we mean ONE CHANCE) to perfect your pour at Kichesippi brewing head quarters 10pts
13. You in front of Allium with the main ingredient to their most popular dessert 10pts
14. You and a cinnamon bun from Baker Street Cafe 5pts
15. You and any “truffle” product at Jacobson’s 5pts for each different item (max 5 items)
16. You and a tagine 10pts
17. You at any bagel shop with a bagel on your finger, +1 pt for each finger holding a bagel. (max 10)
18. You grilling a hot dog anywhere but at home 10pts
19. You and any vendor at Ottawa’s first Sunday only outdoor organic market 5pts (hint: Some Ottawa Magazines are hanging out there- ask and you will find)
20. You and a Kraft single beside the most expensive piece of cheese you can find 10pts, +20 points if your cheese is the most expensive of the entire challenge- the REAL price tag must be in the photo
21. You doing a yoga bridge in front of any Bridgehead 5 pts
22. You in front of the street sign of one of Hintonburger’s burger names 5pts/street sign
23. You holding a live “Sebastien” from the Little Mermaid 20pts
24. You and a bottle of Ontario sparkling wine 5 pts
25. You and the coffee roaster from I deal Coffee 5pts
26. You and any Ottawa food blogger on this list, + 10 pts for each blogger you hunt down! (max 2 bloggers)
27. You and a table from Raw Sugar Café 5pts
28. You and the Beer Bible from Pub Italia 10pts
29. You in front of Ottawa’s most notorious molecular gastronomy restaurant 10pts
30. You at Life of “3.14” with a “3.14” 10pts
31. You bench pressing the $79.99 dollar Nutella jar at La Bottega 5pts
32. You rolling a sushi roll anywhere but at home 20 pts
33. You and holding a butcher knife with a blood-stained butcher 10pts
34. You waiting in line at the Manx with a disapproving face 5pts
35. You with a cake with your team name on it 10pts
36. You shaving chicken off any shawarma skewer 10pts
37. You sporting a chef jacket 10pts + 5pts if you rocking a chef’s hat
38. It’s tea time! You with your pinky in the air at Zoe’s Lounge 5 pts
39. Make a memory in front of Memories 5 pts
40. You juggling lychee fruit 10pts